Frontier Regional and Union #38 School Districts
Goals and Objectives
2012 – 2015
Overarching Goal: Create 21st Century Learning Communities for educators and students supporting: creativity, communication, collaboration, and critical thinking.
Goal 1: Create a common vision and understanding of 21st Century Skills.
- Administrators attend the BLC conference July, 2012.
- Administrative team creates a 21st Century action plan.
- 21st Century action plan first draft completed by September, 2012.
Goal 2: Design a 3-year professional development plan for implementing 21st Century teaching skills.
- Create a 3-year professional development plan.
- Teachers participate in professional development to build 21st Century teaching Skills.
- Teachers write a smart goal related to 21st Century Skills.
- District Professional Development Plan created by October, 2012.
- Identify and invite presenters/consultants to assist faculty in developing 21st century teaching skills.
- All teachers will participate in professional development related to 21st Century Skills.
- Teachers write one smart goal each year to develop their skills as a 21st century teachers.
Goal 3: Create curriculum that reflects 21st Century Skills.
- Create timeline for curriculum mapping in all grades, courses and subjects.
- Develop curriculum maps for every grade, course and subject to include: applicable state or national standards, learning objectives, and assessments.
- By July, 2012 create timeline for curriculum mapping.
- By July, 2014 completion of all curriculum maps.
Goal 4: Instructional practices will support 21st Century Skills.
- Students will work collaboratively.
- Students will engage in learning activities that promote critical thinking (analyzing, evaluating and creating).
- Students will participate in project-based learning.
- Students will use 21st Century tools to acquire, manage and analyze information.
- Students will produce effective written communication.
- Students will investigate the world beyond their immediate environment in order to develop global competencies.
- Baseline data of 21st Century teaching practices gathered in all schools fall, 2012.
- Data will be collected and analyzed 3 times during the 2012/2013 school year to measure the progress towards implementing practices that support 21st Century skills.
Goal 5: Provide all students access to instruction that effectively integrates 21st century technology tools.
- Continue to build inventory of technology tools.
- Share and analyze current technology inventory with administrative team.
- Determine technology needs.
Frontier September 11, 2012
Conway September 20, 2012
Deerfield September 5, 2012
Sunderland September 18, 2012
Whately September 10, 2012