Sunderland’s Out-of- School Time Program is an exciting and happening place where kids will have many opportunities to learn, play, and build lasting relationships. We simply love to have fun. We are a K through 6 th grade program that focuses mainly on child exploration. We want children to use their imagination, build their social skills, grow as children, complete rewarding projects, and laugh while having a great time.
We have a great staff that is always willing to go the extra mile. We try to go outside every day, weather permitting. In addition to outside play, we also offer a variety of inside choices that kids may choose. Such activities may include board games, gym, coloring & painting, exploring antiques, woodworking, playing with blocks, STEM projects, and other great games & activities.
CURRENT & PAST PROJECTS/ACTIVITIES
- Woodworking (tic-tac- toe boards, cutting boards, & birdhouses)
- Cooking (salsa, hummus, pickles, helping prepare snack)
- Inside Play (blocks, Legos, Snap Circuits, board games, bowling, & gym games)
- Outside Play (playground, soccer, basketball, & tennis)
- Antiques (typewriter & record player)
- Field Trips to Local Places (Clarkdale Fruit Farm & Mike’s Maze)
- Visits by Therapy Dogs (Lilly & Kimmie)
- Reading & Homework (Three Little Pigs Book Study)
- STEM Activities (circuits, magnets, H2O bottle rockets, battery recycling project)
- Enrichment Activities (karate, piano lessons, ukulele, guitar, acrobatics, yoga,
papier-mâché, femo clay, creative movement, hip hop, Harry Potter book & craft,
singing, & art)
||AFTERSCHOOL-Arrival & Question of the Day
||Outside/Inside Time (weather permitting)
*Our daily schedule is flexible and follows the needs of the group and individual.
WHO CAN ATTEND
All Sunderland Elementary School students-K-6.
FULL DAY PROGRAMS
- Full Day Programs are offered on Teacher In-Service Days, and February and April vacation weeks, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Deerfield Elementary School
- Children participate in theme-based programming, are visited by by guest presenters, or take field trips to destinations in and around Massachusetts.
QUESTIONS ABOUT SES PROGRAMS
Please contact Jeremy Wells, Sunderland Site Coordinator, at 665-9030 or Janet Seredejko, Director of OSTP, at 665-1155, with any additional questions.
We hope you enjoy the program!!