River Valley Day Camp
River Valley Day Camp is NOW FULL
River Valley Day Camp is now full for summer 2022, and no longer taking registrations.
Please email Janet Seredejko if you would like to be added to the waitlist.
|REGISTRATION FOR RIVER VALLEY DAY CAMP|
|Registration Dates:||March 1st through June 5th or until full|
|For:||Children ages 5-12. Completion of Kindergarten is recommended.|
|Location:||Deerfield Elementary School|
|Dates:||Monday, June 27, 2022 – Friday, August 12, 2022|
|Early Arrival:||7:00 am – 8:30 am|
|Camp Day:||8:30 am – 4:00 pm|
|Extended Day:||4:00 pm – 5:30 pm|
|Fees:||There is a $50 minimum to hold your child’s spot in camp in addition to the $50 registration fee required for NEW participants only. $209 per week. Early Arrival and Extended Day are additional charges per day. There is a 10% sibling discount.|
|DAILY CAMP ACTIVITIES|
We provide exciting new activities that are based around themed weeks and features busy days full of fun camp activities and many opportunities to explore, discover, create, and connect. Campers are grouped by age and our days are filled with hands-on activities that are enjoyable and challenging. Campers will gain self-esteem and self-confidence, learn new experiences, foster lasting friendships, and create new memories that will last a lifetime.
Morning Breakfast and Afternoon Snack-We provide a healthy snack for all campers at these times.
Arts and Crafts-Arts and crafts allow us to exercise our creativity along with our fine motor skills: creating murals and projects to decorate and use at our camp and cool projects to bring home and enjoy. Cooking projects are also enjoyed.
Physical Education-During PE, we play cooperative games while staying active and learning how to keep ourselves healthy while having fun. We also play outside every day. Please dress your child accordingly.
Science and Nature Studies-We offer engaging, hands-on science activities throughout the week. Our daily schedule allows for plenty of organized activities and adventures that are shaped by wonder, creativity, community, and most of all fun!
|WHAT TO BRING EVERY DAY|
Our days will be filled with fun and sometimes messy activities so be sure to come dressed appropriately for an active and exciting day.
- Please make sure your child is wearing sneakers (no open toe sandals).
- Bring a healthy lunch, drink and a water bottle
- Please no candy, gum or soda
- Please leave all toys, trading cards, electronics, and money at home.
(RVDC is not responsible for lost or stolen items)
- Be sure to remember your swimsuit and towel everyday.
- Bring sunscreen everyday! Spray sunscreen preferred.
- Label everything!!
|2022 WEEKLY THEME & ACTIVITY GUIDE|
|Week 1: Robots, Robots, Everywhere!
June 29-July 1
|Week 2: Thingamajig—Recyclemania
July 5-July 8
|Week 3: Shark Week!
July 11-July 15
|Week 4: Legos
July 18-July 22
|Week 5: Art Week
July 25-July 29
|Week 6: Fairy Tales
August 1-August 5
|Week 7: Around the World in 5 Days
August 8-August 12
For more detailed description on the themes each week, you can download the River Valley Day Camp Flyer by clicking on the RVDC Logo in the left sidebar.
** We are unsure about field trips or swimming regulations at this time and are hopeful we will be able to add them as procedures change and open up.
++Masks or face coverings may be required depending on current COVID protocols.
**Activities may vary, may be subject to change depending on staffing and current COVID Protocols.
To ensure appropriate staff/student ratios, adequate snack and activity supplies, and a quality program experience for all please note the following:
- Children Kindergarten through 6th grade
- Enrollment is first come first serve and space is limited
- Camp payments must be paid by June 27, 2022.
- All deposits & registration fees are non-refundable. All cancellations or withdrawals after June 10, 2022 will be subject to a $90 per week cancellation fee. If a cancellation/withdrawal is for medical reasons, a doctor’s note MUST be submitted and credit for the specified lost time will be issued.
- Registration forms may be mailed to the address below or dropped off at any Union #38 school.
- Additional information can be found at www.frsu38.org/OSTP/home.
- If your child will be requiring any medication, or if he/she has any specific medical needs, it is crucial that we receive this information by [TBA].
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation! We look forward to spending a fun-filled week with your children!!